Reporting to the Manager of Legal and Land Administration, the Insurance Coordinator will act as the main point of contact for all internal and external insurance needs. This is a one year contract and the competition closing date is February 13, 2020
- Review and assess County insurance policies to ensure appropriate types and levels of coverage are maintained, including making recommendations for change as required based on net benefit to the County.
- Ensure insurance policy requirements are being met.
- Provide assistance and advice to internal staff with respect to insurance policy coverage and general insurance questions.
- Manage the County's additional named insured (ANI) program, including:
- Administer the program in accordance with County policy
- Act as the liaison between the ANI and the county's insurance provider
- Manage the renewals of ANI policies, including invoicing.
- Administer the County's insurance claims, including collecting information related to the claim, and working with the County's insurance provider and assigned adjustor to provide the information necessary to achieve resolution.
- Manage payments related to claims.
- Collect and analyze insurance claims data including reviewing and reports from the insurance provider and making recommendations to minimize losses, as needed.
- Manage the renewal process for County insurance policies.
- Verify accuracy of County property, equipment and vehicle inventory lists at time of renewal to ensure all such County assets have insurance coverage
- Respond to internal staff requests for adding or deleting property, equipment or vehicles to or from insurance coverage.
- Create and modify procedures, maintain up to date records, and documents related to insurance
- Work with the Legal Services Coordinator to ensure proper coordination of legal actions managed by the County's insurance provider, including interpreting and providing advice on Reservation of Rights letters.
- Provide assistance and advice to internal staff with respect to insurance requirements for a variety of contracts, as required.
- Deliver high quality internal customer service by responding promptly to requests and concerns.
- Liaise with external insurance provider, as required.
- Assist with insurance budget.
- Prepare reports and/or presentations to Council, as required.
Support the Manager in achieving the insurance related goals of the department.
For more information follow this link - Rocky View County - Insurance Coordinator